Subscribe Topic

OldForumPost

Message 1 of 4

V13 POV Ray
25-01-2008 02:58 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
it. I am a novice in rendering. I am looking for any suggestions on using the new POV Ray tool in VX 13. If anyone has created any templates or studios or has found problems and work arounds, I am interested in learning more about it. Any feedback on its strengths and weaknesses is also welcome.

OldForumPost

Message 2 of 4

19-02-2008 10:16 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Hi Jarrod

Chris has an awesome parametric studio ready to use. Drop him a mail about this.

Editing any parameters other than the size/resolution in POVray is not that simple. This is the major gripe.

I suggest that the materials etc. be altered in VX. There are a couple of users who have built up libraries that work very well with VX.

What is great? The speed man!

What will be very useful is an improved library of materials, finished and colours added into / available with VX.

A really cool (and fast) rendering unit with panoramic views is Hypershot from Bunkspeed.

Ockert

Mark

Assistant Engineer

Message 3 of 4

22-02-2008 10:22 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Hi Chris any chance of having that studio? (or is it on the instal disk?)

Either way can you let me know if I can access it?

Nice headsup on the Bunksppead!. That is fast!

ChrisWard2k2

Message 4 of 4

22-02-2008 01:34 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hello the Mib

Well, the studio is dated, it does not take advantage of the parametric controls that we have now, particularly lighting, and lights in VX now give more feed-back about their spread diameter. So, I think the studio needs to be replaced with new.
See also
X