Message 1 of 2
I'm trying to reduce the size of my CAM file(s). I saw somewhere that Tools > Fix Objects followed by Tools >Clean File was beneficial.
Whenever I get to the "Clean File" part, VX locks up. The same happens regardless of the file that is open.
I appreciate any help,
Message 2 of 2
If your files are VX v12.x or below, then Tools > Fix Objects followed by Tools >Clean File should help. Very strange that you see a lock-up. It could just be that the clean-up requires some time to complete, it can take minutes. VX v13 produces smaller CAM Objects.
However, much depends on your purpose in the first place, why do the files require a size reduction? If they are reaching the filesize limit (2GB) then a different approach to managing the data would help, for example splitting the project into two separate files, one for the CAD data and one for CAM. If it is simply because the CAM Plan requires a huge number of Operations, it is possible to logically split the CAM Data across multiple files - e.g. Top side operations and Underside Operations. If it is for archive storage purposes, you might consider deleting the tool paths (paths, not operations), but personally I would prefer to buy more storage space instead.
- autocad default toolbar
- 3d cad design software
- reset autocad configuration
- autocad 2010 serial number
- 3d design software free download
- using cad to work out area of a shape
- autocad calculate area
- what is the difference between dwg format and dxf format
- Download Free 3D CAD
- home design software free
- 2d convert to 3d free drawing software download
- autocad to sketchup
- how to make cross section in autocad
- autocad how to change bak file to dwg
- mechanical engineering software free download