Aint' F8 great?

Subscribe Topic

Paul

Message 1 of 4

Aint' F8 great?
21-04-2008 04:28 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
I just want to congratulate the crew at VX for some of the improvements in V13.

I really like the root object rename improvement - History objects next please....
It took me while to figure out F8 filter whilst hovering, but it's really cool. Great editing drawings.
I dig the new display options, so much easier to work with. Would just like to be able to toggle a few things from the toolbar rather than going back into config. e.g. edges in shaded etc. and background color.
Hatching differentiation - what a relief. Preview/echo whilst doing attribute changes for this would be REALLY nice.
Text entry - attributes change on the fly - cool cool.
Import config - Best outcome yet.
Thread visuals. Nice yet fast ( I do the same thing for external threads with a helix then use it into a drawing. Saves mucking around on the drawing to show a thread. I know it's not ISO etc, but looks OK.

Lots of others too. Keep up the good work.

Cheers

ChrisWard2k2

Message 2 of 4

23-04-2008 07:45 . pm   |   View his/her posts only

Hello mudcrab

There is a command to draw a helix on a shaft for pictorial thread representation: "!CdThreadAdd". This produces a History feature and as such is easy to edit whenever required. However, it has a limitation in that it can only be applied to base Shapes. So, if you have a single model Shape that includes several shafts (Studs for example), they need to have the thread applied before they are Boolean joined. There is a VxDAL available on the downloads page that gives you a User toolbar icon for this command.

ExThread

We are going to replace this command in the future with the same technology we introduced for threaded holes (a bit tricker to achieve on shafts, if you are wondering why it was not there at the same time).

Paul

Message 3 of 4

25-04-2008 03:42 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hi Chris,
have the DAL and will look at it nest week. Will the new command be interpreted as a cenventional thread representation in 2D? 'cos that's where it needs to show up.

On that subject, I an curios why an internal thread is often shown in 2D as extending past the solid when this is not possible in practice. I know it get's it's info from the thread attributes, but these have to be like this on occassions.

Oops, wrong forum/thread maybe.
Cheers

ChrisWard2k2

Message 4 of 4

25-04-2008 04:11 . pm   |   View his/her posts only

Hi mudcrab

The internal thread will show-up incorrectly like that if you use a blind-hole to define a through-hole. So, just edit the History to through-hole and the 2D Layout view will be correct.
See also
X