CAD/CAM discussion forum > 3D CAD/CAM > free form modeling with VX

free form modeling with VX

Subscribe Topic

OldForumPost

Message 1 of 4

free form modeling with VX
09-02-2010 11:42 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
There is a model with VX free-form surface(designed by my good friend ), I think he did very wonderful, to share with you.

Robert

Message 2 of 4

10-02-2010 08:02 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Hi Steve,

Cool model thanks for sharing

Paul

Message 3 of 4

10-02-2010 10:14 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hi Steve,
real keen to encourage participation, sharing and learning.
So thanks for putting it up. Aways good to be able to see anothers approach.

I stepped thru' the telephone model and it got me wondering.
What CAD modeler did your friend learn on?

The reason I ask is that VX has a bunch of tools that this model would have benefited from and could have been a lot easier to build with perhaps a smoother outcome. Although the final form may be design intent.
Lets assume its good as a surface model.
For instance, curve lists, shell/thicken (after sketch 20 and a reverse direction), lofts, etc..
There are a number of actions that suggest VX has not been unlocked yet.

Did you know you can use curves from a sketch to create shapes? And more than once!
You can toggle reference lines to be used as sketch components whilst maintaining the reference?

Be encouraged, when you and your friend get a handle on all the tools VX offers, you'll be real excited.

Cheers

OldForumPost

Message 4 of 4

11-02-2010 12:12 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Hi Mudcrab,

The original reason to build this model because I write a book about the Chinese VX operating manual, I would like to find a good instance to reflect the function of VX hybrid modeling (although VX guide is great, very classic examples, but I want to write about other things), so I told him my thoughts, then he helped me build this model (he is a mold factory engineer, he is very clever, Bob had seen him in VX Shanghai seminar).
I also think that VX is the best CAD/CAM software heretofore. Not because I like it, I exaggerated it good. The reason is I did a lot of compare with SW. I do not evaluate VX other functions, I would just say VX hybrid modeling , flexible operation, no one can surpass.
mudcrab, I agree with your point of view. VX can be a curve into a surface, a shape&.. VX toggle reference line is very good tools as sketch component&..
Thanks for your encouragement, I believe VX users will more and more.
See also
X