CAD/CAM discussion forum > 3D CAD/CAM > The future of VX?

The future of VX?

Subscribe Topic

Kevin

Message 1 of 8

The future of VX?
04-08-2010 02:05 . am   |   View his/her posts only
So is it true?

http://www.deelip.com/?p=2726

Jon

Message 2 of 8

04-08-2010 03:07 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Kevin,

VX has been shopping for a buyer for quite sometime. I would have preferred to see DP Technology (Esprit) purchase VX. In my mind this would have been a marriage made in heaven.

In any case, good marketing and an influx of serious cash could catapult VX to a much larger market share very, very quickly. For sure it would help if VX gets developed and marketed to companies that Siemens isn't reaching with Solid Edge, NX or NX CAM Express. As bad as VX has been with marketing nobody in the CADCAM business has ever been worse at marketing CADCAM to smaller companies then UGS now owned by Siemens.

Jon Banquer
San Diego, CA

Mike

Message 3 of 8

10-08-2010 09:58 . am   |   View his/her posts only
There is no way of putting the brakes on safely so I am going to try to bring this to a screeching halt. I am sorry to have deleted some of the messages but this needs to stop. I don't want to see our valued customers develop heart conditions. We at VX are as passionate about this as you are. I would suggest that if you are in the business of making money for your respective companies you go back to doing it. Let it be known by all men (and women) that "VX has heard you!" (This is a collective "You")

We setup this forum as another way of providing technical support. I pride myself on what we have done in this arena. With major contributions from Chris Ward we have given you answers and tools to get your work done. Let's get back to some constructive question/answers and healthy discussions.

I am not part of the management team but I can assure you they do hear you.

The software is not perfect but our customers know that we listen and we make changes where we can, as fast as we can.

Now, the answer is Yes...

ZWCAD Software Co. Ltd., (ZWSOFT) a successful developer of reliable 2D CAD solutions and VX Corporation are joining forces to create a new product line, ZW3D.

Your Florida team will continue to develop innovative 3D CAD/CAM software as a division of ZWSOFT. They will be aided by a much larger International team. All VX products will be transitioned to ZW3D and all development will be devoted to this new product.

For answers to your VX/ZW3D software questions I can be found here, skype, VX chat, mjl@vx.com and support@vx.com

smd

Message 4 of 8

10-08-2010 09:11 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
So, will our licenses be transfered to our newly named soft/partnership?

Jon

Message 5 of 8

11-08-2010 03:32 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Is ZW3D going to adopt the user interface of ZWCAD?

Jon Banquer
San Diego, CA

Mike

Message 6 of 8

11-08-2010 08:59 . am   |   View his/her posts only
We are going thru a transition phase right now. Nothing is going to change (right away) with the license except the location of the license file and its name. Some changes have already taken place transparently and independent of the merger. Did you notice? In 14.60 you will see rebranding of the product so file names and directory names will change. Currently, our license generation and management system is a home grown piece of software. Eventually, there will be a new license scheme. I do not know if we have nailed down what system will be used.

My guess is that the interface will change. We haven't gotten down to that level yet. Right now we are just trying to set up communications and chain of command. Remember, this hasn't even been announced...shhh

Paul

Message 7 of 8

11-08-2010 06:03 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hi Mike,
seems maybe VX needs to do a press release so you don't have to talk out the back door so to speak.
There is a NEWS page on the VX site after all and this is NEWS.
Cheers

Chris

Message 8 of 8

26-08-2010 03:47 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
So as to not speak out of the back door any longer here is the official Press Release:

http://www.vx.com/printrelease.cfm?PressID=176

Lots of exciting things going on, but also lots of details to be ironed out. All the details had to be put in order before the official announcement could be made.
See also
X