Subscribe Topic

Robert

Message 1 of 6

VX CAM plan
26-08-2002 09:25 . am   |   View his/her posts only
I developed this Template in conjuction with Dan.

Useful for Quick milling parts in VX 6.5 and uses the new CAM GUI.

Use it as a template file by renaming accordingly.

Comments welcome

Dan

Message 2 of 6

28-08-2002 02:54 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
The template is recommended for parts with pregnant sculptural behavior, not to deep with shallow places not horizontal.

For parts with shallow places preponderant horizontal is better a mix of ZLevel + EqualCusp better and faster toolpath calculation see Markus (in)famous part.

We (Bobby and I) will post some templates for this kind of parts too in near future.

OldForumPost

Message 3 of 6

30-08-2002 12:40 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Dan and or Bob,

Great templates, I used the Large part in yesterdays demo and worked excellent. Thanks! Keep'm coming.

Would it be possible to make a template in Inch units?
99.99% of my customers prefer Inch over metric, so I always demo in Inch rather than metric.

Are there any Metric to Inch unit converstions we need to be aware of. (e.g. are there any tolerance values that remain metric values in an inch part).

Mike H.

Robert

Message 4 of 6

30-08-2002 01:57 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hey Funny guy,

just load the template, copy the object, edit it, change the preferences and save it under a new name

OldForumPost

Message 5 of 6

30-08-2002 02:14 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Just because I'm lazy doesn't mean I don't want you to work hard...

I already switched it over for my demo yesterday, here it is.
The work was importing and setting up the tools from metric to inch.

Dan

Message 6 of 6

16-09-2002 01:04 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
QM works always in metric. But VX can be used in anything you want. In general in QM forms physical values lice step, tolerance, tool description, grid step, surface thick are metric1 dependent (metric2 system, imperial) and factors, switches, peeking from a list are obvious metric1 neutral.

I hope isn't misleading. We have enriched fields with hints we can have an extra paragraph in hint about its metric1 = {neutral, dependent }.

I hope to don't become too techy here.

Note:
the meaning of Metric_:
Metric1 = Mathematics. A geometric function that describes the distances between pairs of points in a space.
Metric2 = Of or relating to the meter or the metric system: U.S. Customary units and their metric equivalents.
See also
X