CAD/CAM discussion forum > 3D CAD/CAM > new forum please

new forum please

Subscribe Topic

chris

Junior Engineer

Message 1 of 6

new forum please
06-08-2010 08:19 . am   |   View his/her posts only
all this "talk" with Jon Banquer or who ever he is today need to be removed from the users forum. Could we not have a user forum for real users and a public one for those who only want to disrupt and criticize and try to sell other software. Used to be this forum was a good source of help and information now it has turned into a forum of complaint from people not using the system or because of their inability to use a strong system want it made into a Mickey Mouse clone like solid works.

Jon

Message 2 of 6

06-08-2010 08:36 . am   |   View his/her posts only
What needs to happen is that the VX forums need to be much better moderated. Personal attacks like the one Chris has just made above and the ones made by Dave Ault and Paul Smith on a continuous basis have no place here.

If VX is looking for an example of a well moderated open CADCAM forum see the Delcam Featurecam forum. The open Delcam FeatureCAM forum works and works well!

One example of how well the open Delcam Featurecam forum is run and how productive it is and the good that comes from running an open CADCAM forum would be the enhancement spreadsheet for Featurecam that most of us active on that forum contribute to. Here is a link to our enhancement spreadsheet for Delcam Featurecam:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AsoeHfwU_vEEdHpIVnlwakNfYWNaRTg1YWlrOGd3MkE&hl=en&authkey=CNHU8cAJ#gid=0

Jon Banquer
San Diego, CA

Robert

Message 3 of 6

06-08-2010 09:13 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Guys,

Everybody, chill-out... I'm not advocating a group-hug but please stop all personal stuff. Let's focus on issues. If you want to chat about, "who you like or don't like", go visit Face-book or My Space...

Personally, I like openness and informal dialogue and especially welcome honest critique. That is what keeps us aware of what's happening in the greater market-place. Belly-button contemplation isn't a solution (for anyone either personally or professionally).

I agree with some of what has been stated on this forum... if folks had access to better product videos, the software would be easier to learn... if some folks worked their way through the Show-n-Tell tutorials, they would understand the power of the kernel and so on.

Gotta go get some breakfast...

cutter

Message 4 of 6

07-08-2010 08:19 . am   |   View his/her posts only
OK Bob that all sounds good but think of what you said when you make the statement honest critique. It requires working knowledge of a program to have a valid critique and I am with Chris. While my primary interest is with another program I do still use VX every week for a living and still want to be here but only with actual users. Break it up into those with sold to ID's and then a public forum for whoever. I am going to tell you straight out that you are going to destroy this forum if you allow this to continue.

cutter

Message 5 of 6

07-08-2010 08:59 . am   |   View his/her posts only
TheTick Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 8:27 pm

I'm a bit new to comp.cad.solidworks, so I'm a bit confused. What
does this have to do with SW?

Also, I would like to hear from Jon Banquer about what it is that
makes him such an expert. He has a lot to say, but does not seem to
have any real understanding.

Paul Salvador wrote in message news:<3FB99B17.1C805A18@verizon.net>...

Think of the old saying of "leopards and spots" Bob.

Mike

Message 6 of 6

10-08-2010 10:28 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Please see my comments on the future of VX.

Our thunder was stolen by another forum ... things like that will happen. But we are now entering a new environment. Comments will be restricted to discussing the company and the software. We are taking customer requests and incorporating them into the software as quickly as we can but only when it makes sense.

Keep it constructive!

See also
X