CAD/CAM discussion forum > 3D CAD/CAM > soft key questions

soft key questions

Subscribe Topic

chris

Junior Engineer

Message 1 of 6

soft key questions
29-10-2010 08:08 . am   |   View his/her posts only
I have a question about the soft key license. I am working on ZW3D now on the trial 30 days until my soft key license is issued. I was told that when I purchase a new computer that all I need to do is go on line and switch to the new machine. That sounds nice and easy.
My question is what happens if my current computer crashes and I cannot get it to boot and have to buy a new one. Now I cannot go on line to take the license off the broken one. How do I get my license onto the new machine.
Chirs stahler
Allegheny CAD Solutions, inc.

OldForumPost

Message 2 of 6

29-10-2010 10:39 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hi, Chris

When the machines crashes, if it is only the case to reinstall your operating system, you can easily use the same soft-key to activate it in the same machine, if you change some of the hardware, you need to use recover function to try to get the license back. There is also the special case as you mentioned, if it is unable to fix after it is crashed, you can contact our local reseller, and they will help to apply for another license for you from ZWSOFT if it does happen. By the way, computer data is always very important, and such case rarely happens during our experience in software encryption technology, enjoy the flexibility of software technology, if you have any questions about it, feel free to contact us.

Colin

chris

Junior Engineer

Message 3 of 6

30-10-2010 04:26 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
So what i understand is if my present computer totally crashes and cannot be started I will have to go to a reseller, which i do not have. I bought my software directly from the guys in Florida. Once at a reseller I would have to prove to him that my computer was beyond repair and hope ZWSOFT would issue a new license and if not then buy another license? this is not good

cutter

Message 4 of 6

30-10-2010 06:01 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Chris,

I am quite certain that you would not be hung out to dry. I know with the dongle I have that if there is a problem and I fill out a police report on the stolen dongle for instance that they would in the past replace it for around $250.00 if I remember right. Softkeys are software and I would imagine that they could easily restore you. I know with "Brand X" [ there you go Mike! ] it is simply a matter of registering the permission against the hard drive number and off you go with no charge. You do of course have to be a current customer but this happens with such regularity that I have no doubt you will be OK. I have been here since 2004 and these guys are not going to abuse you. I will assume the new owners will do likewise until proven wrong.

chris

Junior Engineer

Message 5 of 6

31-10-2010 09:36 . am   |   View his/her posts only
I hope you are correct Cutter, I have been with VX since 2000 and all problems I have had were taken care of very fast including a dongle that I lost. I am just concerned because it is now owned by a large company, in most cases like that you no longer are a person but just a number. Since there is nothing I can do I will just have to hope that ZW continues with the personnel service that VX had.

OldForumPost

Message 6 of 6

31-10-2010 08:06 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hi, Chris

You can contact ZWSOFT at zw3d@zwcad.com directly if you bought from ZWSOFT or couldn't get in touch with our resellers. For lost dongle, you can send the application with detailed info how the license was lost, just like cutter mentioned, and then we'll verify them and issue the new license for you. For soft-key, that is a little different with dongle, you need to submit detailed info, including your old soft-key info and your company stamp. It is like the promise that the new license only has the same functions as you lost one, and it doesn't increase your issue license. Therefore, you don't need to worry about the special case. Thank you so much for your trust, we'll continue our best support for you. And if there is any more we should improve for any functions of ZW3D, please let us know, and we'll continue our fast response to you.

Colin
ZWSOFT
See also
X