CAD/CAM discussion forum > 3D CAD/CAM > Faroarm serial port interface

Faroarm serial port interface

Subscribe Topic

cutter

Message 1 of 4

Faroarm serial port interface
08-11-2010 06:12 . am   |   View his/her posts only
With the arrival of new owners and money I would like to bring this topic up once again. It would be very nice to be able to use my Faroarm with ZW and not have to rely on my old seat of Surfcam to collect my points data. Is there any talk in this area at all? Part of reverse engineering after all is being able to collect data from various input sources.

Mike

Message 2 of 4

08-11-2010 09:07 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Dave,

The only advantage I can think of to having the interface is seeing the points on the screen as they are scanned. The Faro arm should still be able to create a text file with your points that we have always been able to read.

Never having seen the process, is that the advantage you are looking for or is there something else?

cutter

Message 3 of 4

10-11-2010 09:23 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Mike,
Seeing it on the screen is important as it reminds you where you have collected data. With Surfcam I can for instance collect points in plane with arcs lines and circles and I can visually check to see that all needed geometry has been collected. I can't imagine trying to use it any other way without having lots of grief.

Mike

Message 4 of 4

10-11-2010 10:32 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Cool...just checking
See also
X