CAD/CAM discussion forum > Other CAD/CAM Technology > Changing default settings

Changing default settings

Subscribe Topic

Tim

Message 1 of 4

Changing default settings
01-06-2011 10:43 . am   |   View his/her posts only
I would like to change some of the default settings, for example the feeds and speeds values that appear in any new operation.; 850 rpm is ALWAYS going to be unsuitable as we have Datron machines which will not run any lower than 6000rpm. I'd prefer to have it set to , say 15000 rpm, which will work for the great majority of my work. I don't mind changing it when I have to, but having to change it EVERY time is getting a bit much!! Ditto entries like 'Region' instead of 'Level', 'Rapid' for traverse movements, and many more besides. I know I can set up templates, but I really would like to set these the way I want them as MY default values. Thanks!

Tim Perry

Tim

Message 2 of 4

23-06-2011 04:34 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Hmmm. No replies. Can I take it that I can't change the default data entries in ZW? If so, this will be the very first Windows program I have ever used where this can't be done!! I can't believe this!! Can anyone point me at how you change these default values? The current defaults are just plain wrong for our set-up.

Thanks in advance,

Tim

randy

Message 3 of 4

24-06-2011 08:22 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Hi Tim,

When in an operation, select your speeds and feeds that you want to come up every time. You can also change other settings such as depth of cut, step over etc. then click the disk icon on the form, this saves these settings. The next time you click on that operation these defaults come up.
Sorry for the late reply...I really should get on here more often...

Hope this helps.

Randy Biebel
www.greatlakes3d.com

Tim

Message 4 of 4

27-06-2011 04:17 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Hi Randy,

thanks for getting back, I had been told about this button, but try as we might, we have never been able to get it to work. I just tried it again, but no, the old default settings remain. If I open another cut of the same type IN THE SAME Camplan, I get the revised settings, but if I start a completely new Camplan, then the original and completely inappropriate settings are still there. We love ZW dearly, but sometimes fighting the interface can be like wrestling a conger eel..... I have a little list (not so little actually!) of other things we would love to see sorted out!

Tim
See also
X