CAD/CAM discussion forum > Other CAD/CAM Technology > Changing default settings

Changing default settings

Subscribe Topic

Tim

Message 1 of 3

Changing default settings
01-06-2011 10:43 . am   |   View his/her posts only
I would like to change some of the default settings, for example the feeds and speeds values that appear in any new operation.; 850 rpm is ALWAYS going to be unsuitable as we have Datron machines which will not run any lower than 6000rpm. I'd prefer to have it set to , say 15000 rpm, which will work for the great majority of my work. I don't mind changing it when I have to, but having to change it EVERY time is getting a bit much!! Ditto entries like 'Region' instead of 'Level', 'Rapid' for traverse movements, and many more besides. I know I can set up templates, but I really would like to set these the way I want them as MY default values. Thanks!

Tim Perry

Tim

Message 2 of 3

23-06-2011 04:34 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Hmmm. No replies. Can I take it that I can't change the default data entries in ZW? If so, this will be the very first Windows program I have ever used where this can't be done!! I can't believe this!! Can anyone point me at how you change these default values? The current defaults are just plain wrong for our set-up.

Thanks in advance,

Tim

Tim

Message 3 of 3

27-06-2011 04:17 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Hi Randy,

thanks for getting back, I had been told about this button, but try as we might, we have never been able to get it to work. I just tried it again, but no, the old default settings remain. If I open another cut of the same type IN THE SAME Camplan, I get the revised settings, but if I start a completely new Camplan, then the original and completely inappropriate settings are still there. We love ZW dearly, but sometimes fighting the interface can be like wrestling a conger eel..... I have a little list (not so little actually!) of other things we would love to see sorted out!

Tim
See also
X