CAD/CAM discussion forum > 3D CAD/CAM > Support for ZW3D

Support for ZW3D

Subscribe Topic

Dave

Message 1 of 9

Support for ZW3D
30-12-2011 11:35 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
I am hopeful as I believe we all are that ZW3D will begin to start reaching its potential. The new interfaces look nice, and certainly is a step in the right direction, although for me not the most important things. I'm looking forward to see the new and improved functionalities.

However, one thing that needs rapid improvement, at least for me in the states, will be support. Maybe we were spoiled because all we had to do was call Mike to get help. We certainly can't wait 2 or 3 days, and often even a few hours to get help when we have a file open, a problem that has to be solved before we can move onto the next feature of a design.

So, I was wondering, if ZW could help set up an internet call system which would allow us to call China without breaking the bank. I don't know a lot about this, but I understand skype to skype calls a free for a low monthly cost. There maybe better solutions. But hopefully we can find a way to continue the help we got from Mike, from ZW in China.

And for the record, I sent e-mail support requests. and got replys back from Steven S. in less than 24 hours. To help with the time difference, maybe a 16 hour a day support cycle could be developed as more ZW people learn the product (sorry, I never recommend a 3rd shift, it's bad for the health of the people who have to work it).

I'm sure with ideas from all of you out there and ZW's desire to see ZW3D become a real world class offering, we can come up with affordable fast responding support.

Dave D

OldForumPost

Message 2 of 9

30-12-2011 11:47 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hi, Dave

Thanks for your suggestion, we will try our best to support customers like you, skype could be a good idea, and then you can get the support guys in China quickly. If you don't mind, you can send you skype contact to zw3d@zwcad.com, and the technical team will add your skype for the future support, including Steven as you mentioned.

Interface is only the first step to make ZW3D to be easier to use with powerful functions, in the past, some advanced functions are too deep for the beginner to figure out in the menu, and we hope that the Ribbon interface could fix the problem like that. And there are more new features than the Interface, for CAD side, there are a lot of new enhancement for Sheetmetal, mold&die, including replace face, UV mesh, etc. For the CAM side, multi-thread computing for faster machining, speed and feeds customization, 3X undercut operation, 5X hexical operation, CAM folder, etc, 2X turning is the small part of the whole machining enhancement. And we got 2 betas, the open beta1 will be in middle January, while the beta2 will be added with more features. Time is too short sometimes, and we hope that we can value the time and add more functions and do more quality control for beta2 and final release.

Happy New Year, and enjoy your holiday.

Paul

Message 3 of 9

02-01-2012 05:27 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
What about fixing the forum so users get email notification of postings?
If the posting title had a '?' at the start we would know someone had a tech question and might be able to help almost immediately.
The chat option is already there... but the absence of notification ....
After all isn't that one of the reasons the forum exists?
Cheers

OldForumPost

Message 4 of 9

03-01-2012 07:46 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
I think this forum is really old, I heard that there is a new forum would be released? Is it a true new?

OldForumPost

Message 5 of 9

04-01-2012 02:57 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Hi, Hugo

The forum is quite old fashion, and probably the new forum is coming in two weeks, of course, we will keep all the post and register information transfer successfully to the new forum. Thanks for your attention.

Paul

Message 6 of 9

04-01-2012 12:20 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Thanks for the heads up on the revised forum.
Hopefully attaching files etc will be easier.
Cheers

Robert

Message 7 of 9

10-01-2012 08:15 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
It would be cool if we could link this forum to the other zw3d forums around the world (like Akela's in the UK, etc.,)

Hmm...

Mike

Assistant Engineer

Message 8 of 9

10-01-2012 09:58 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Daved

I also believe ZW is going to great someday as you can see the improvement already. I have been spoiled by Mike also. William said that there was going to be a great improvement on separating core and cav.(silhouettes) by the next two releases. Didn't help me today. To me the nag RETRY or CANCEL is like the blue screen of death on the early computers. Hopefully if you send a file to the forum to get help with, the history will be there. That to me is how you learn and be able to fix it yourself. That's what Mike and Earl did for us. As you mentioned functionality is the KEY, not icon candy and moving things around. ZW has only owned the software for a year and I believe they are making a big difference. The icons have to work, mold & die electrodes need help also. Function, function, function

Robert

Message 9 of 9

11-01-2012 02:23 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
We used to be able to turn the RETRY and CANCEL off (somewhere in the config file, I remember)
See also
X