CAD/CAM discussion forum > CAD > Too slow when hatch complex object

Too slow when hatch complex object

Subscribe Topic

luca

Message 1 of 9

28-11-2007 10:04 . am   |   View his/her posts only
ok guys. another one. when you hatch and there are some complex object in the screen (like for example tree blocks) zw cad takes ages to calculate everything (someteime even 5 minutes). Autocad does it too (it's a quite a bit faster anyway) but the good thing is that Autocad let you stop the process just by pressing esc so that you don't have to wait. I mean it gives you a chance to switch off the object that slow down the calculation process so that you can repeat the command in a faster way. It would be very nice if Zwcad could do the same thing. thanks for your attention. Embarrassed

OldForumPost

Message 2 of 9

hello, spriz, Thank you for your suggestion, it would be more convenient if providing the ESC option. And I think it belong to the speed issue of searching hatch boundary. I believe that you can experience the difference obviously in our next version, you don't even need to wait for the calculation. Wink

Miljenko

Message 3 of 9

19-11-2007 09:29 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hi, Colin!

After a few months of not being active, I've few bugs to present.

First stuff would be hatching, but it's good described in previous post.

I suggest to implement god escape function. It's necessary, since there are similar symptoms with functions like trim, or even move. Every time some function needs to get scope (startpoint, endpoint, or similar) and when object snap is on, system get lost in group of millions of vertexes.... It should be implemented that, if number of objects in a viewport is greater then some optimal number n, searching loop doesn't start. Above annoying situation usually happen when you zoom whole area.
There is a similar problem in autocad, resulting from a fact that vertexes are fetched from screen. In some situations it produces faster operation then searching through dwg file, but sometimes it leads to crush, when only step you could take is to shut down zwcad.

Also, in some situations crashes happen when, for example, some command is started (under heavier load) and while command is on,
one issue mouse wheel move.

P.S.

If you remember, I've posted a bug report about "bring to front" and "send to back" functions, that in some occasion start block command. Problem is how one enters into command.

Command, select entities, <enter> works well.
Select entities, start command, <enter> produces block command.

P.P.S

Since we have 7 licences in our company, I've lots of bugs to present :)
Sometimes zwcad crashes and all menus and tool bars permanently disappear. Ok, one could get back toolbar with same command, but how to get window menu (application menu)? Usually it finishes with reinstallation of zwcad, and that's really annoying. I had to do some 4 - 5 reinstallations in the office. I was the one who proposed zwced for our future cad platform :( .

We've all patches installed.

Thanks!

OldForumPost

Message 4 of 9

Hello Miljenko

I think the ZWCAD crash under heavy load is a speed problem too. Thank you for you suggestions about adding escape function, we should consider more about complicated drawings. About the Hatch problem, the arithmetic has been reconstructed, it won't happen again in our next version, you can find the improvement obviously. There are a lot of improvements towards Speed of performance in our next version.

About the draworder issue, I apologize that it is still not solved. In current version, the draworder from menu don't work, but you can use draworder command instead. Because the ZWCAD2008 was under developing in the past, the work of resolving bugs is a little delay. But now ZWCAD2008 is almost finished, we'll take more actions to make sure the bugs will be less and less, we'll do our best to meet your requirement.

It is really thank you for your trust! About the patch, you don't need to install all of the patches, you only need to install the latest patch, because the latest patch included all the solutions in previous patches. About the toolbar and menu, it is hard to check, but I know it did appear in your computers, and we'll test it more carefully to find any solutions we can. Thank you again! We

Miljenko

Message 5 of 9

20-11-2007 03:41 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
If one installs only last released patch, but is agile in following regular updates (from one month to other), he'll have all patches installed :)
Of course, I only install last patch when reinstalling.

I keep following how zwcad becomes good platform. It could be noticed with every patch release. Just keep it simple, and push efforts to improving stability.

OldForumPost

Message 6 of 9

SmileHello, Miljenko, thank you again! Surely, we'll be working on ZWCAD better and better.

Miljenko

Message 7 of 9

26-11-2007 07:33 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hi again!

There is one new function that could be implemented in Zwcad - save-all, that saves all open files. Variation save-all-and-exit also seams usable.

Bye!

OldForumPost

Message 8 of 9

Hi, Miljenko

thank you for your advice. Actually, at the moment, you can use "saveall" to save all the drawings. er....Could you please tell me why we should add another "-save -all" function?
about -save -all: Do you mean that: 1) command:save 2)command: all?

Miljenko

Message 9 of 9

28-11-2007 07:44 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Sorry, I forgot that "saveall" command is available through command prompt. I just thought it would be nice to have this command listed in menus (eg. file -> save all).

Thank you!

See also
X