User
 Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Forum ZW3D ZW3D CAD Content
Post time 2018-11-29 21:39:48
Edited by x0r3d1860 at 2018-11-29 21:41

Hi ya all,i need your help to fix this problem, maybe due to some unstable behaviour of ZW3D.
When i open the file and press "regenerate" button, the modeler shows this message "WARNING: Encountered an entity that was already deleted."
I dont understand, last time i saved that file, everything was working but now im stuck at this point, before the "divide" feature as the "explicit data" have suddenly disappeared. Im running ZW3D 2018 sp2 x64. Any help, pls? Where am i wrong?
Thanks in advance! ;)

x0r3d.

64309_Morph_step02_error.rar

2.02 MB, Downloads: 15

Post time 6 day(s) ago
BTW, the reason which caused the problem is that "Permanent naming strategy" in V2018 and previous is not stable enough.
In V2019, we make a lot of effort to improve the stability of ZW3D. Also, take this file as an example. V2019 replace the feature "Explicit Data" (which acts a role in many corrupted cases) with a new "Static Explicit Feature". The "Static Explicit Feature" is corresponding to shapes (not all geometry data) and without time sequence. So I'd like to say that ZW3D 2019 is much stable and safer.
Post time 2018-12-6 03:48:27
Hi xOr,
I downloaded your model and experienced the same problem.
What is happening is that the shape is loosing it's name.
I do not know why this occurs.
Do a heal on the original import - always do that before starting work.
Then go to you modification model and delete the imported shape.
Then insert the healed model and merge the component.
Apart from having to repick the references it should all work fine.
AHistory.jpg
Post time 2018-12-6 05:10:43
Hello mudcrab,one million thanks for your help and solution. I tried the same approach and it has worked fine, but anyway the "lost model" looks like something very strange and i hope the "ZW3D team" will officially dissect in depth this kind of error. Have a nice day! ZW3D forever!
Post time 6 day(s) ago
Hi all,

Mudcrab is doing in the correct way. Always be careful with the imported data when you are working with ZW3D 2018 or previous version.

I'd like to introduce some useful commands when such problems happen.
1) "Fix Objects" and "Clean File"
Both of the commands can delete the invalid index, small errors, unreferenced labels, and other small problems of the data. Normally you can eliminate the slight problems after applying them.
2018-12-10_13-44-47.jpg

2) "Recover Faces"
In the "Data Exchange" tab, you can find the command "Recover Faces". This is a powerful tool to help heal the geometry, especially an imported one. In your case, after applying "Recover Faces", the History can work normally.
2018-12-10_13-55-21.jpg
Hello wangzh3015, first one million thanks for your exhaustive answer.
I will definitely apply your advice next time i have to handle new imported step files ;)
Yes, no one never stops learning this marvelous software.
ZW3D forever!

x0r3d
wangzh3015 replied at 2018-12-10 14:20
BTW, the reason which caused the problem is that "Permanent naming strategy" in V2018 and previous i ...

Excellent, so another important step ahead. I can't stop modeling with ZW3D.

My best greetings and congratulations fly over to all the developers in Zwsoft team! ;)
New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register