User
 Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Forum ZW3D ZW3D CAD Content
Post time 2019-3-26 12:09:44
Hi all
I recently upgraded to ZW3D 2019 version
When I modify already inserted standard components group(more than one) it updates only one component which i selected in command and  the other all remain as it is
also modify command generates new part
I am using software for mainly mould design this is my main requirements what to do?

Post time 2019-3-27 13:44:29
This bug will be fixed in SP version
Post time 2019-3-27 14:32:36
wangzh3015 replied at 2019-3-27 13:44

OK
when SP version launch?

One more thing If I use keep associated with insert points at the time of inserting components and select already drawn points, it creates again new points with association  with old points in history manager making history longer and complicated
this thing not happening  2018SP version
Please take note for this
Post time 2019-3-27 14:35:40
wangzh3015 replied at 2019-3-27 13:44

Any update patch or SP beta available before SP with fixing this bug
Post time 2019-3-27 14:49:39
About the new points created in history, it is not a bug but the way ZW3D makes the association take effect. For now this will make history longer but we'll try to find a better solution
Post time 2019-3-27 14:50:10
SP version will ready soon, and you'll get it in about 2 weeks
Post time 2019-4-17 12:04:49
wangzh3015 replied at 2019-3-27 14:50
SP version will ready soon, and you'll get it in about 2 weeks

When Sp version availabe?any possiblilty for beta now?

Post time 2019-4-18 04:03:04
Easy boy, easy.  (said slowly)
Have a coffee and relax.
Sit in the sun for 20 mins.
Post time 2019-4-19 12:23:03
mudcrab replied at 2019-4-18 04:03
Easy boy, easy.  (said slowly)
Have a coffee and relax.
Sit in the sun for 20 mins.

Ok, easy
I am in mould design profession and provide design solutions to small mould makers in my area
I earn my bread and butter by designing mould in ZW3D
My productivity is less than half with the use of 2019 version

Let me explain with example
supoose I added 6 nos. ejector pin of dia 4mm and make pocket in ejector plate, core plate and core insert using pocket cammand
now if i want to change it to dia 6, I have to open ejector pin part and make necessary change in equation like diameter, head dia, head length etc.
I have to remember and change all values which changes for dia 4 to dia 6 and regen part, there are many values in equation in components and if I forget to change any value or enter wrong data it will make my design foulty

After regen ejector component I have to regen ejector plate, core plate and core insert sepparately to take effect of change in hole size made by pocket command
The worst thing come now, some times(not every time but ferquantly) component lost it attached name tag pocket at the time of regen and make difficult to regen ejector plate, core plate and core insert for change of hole. I have to delete RefShapes for those in each plates(parts) history manager and use pocket command again after reattaching name tag pocket

In older version just one click on mofify, change pin size and done, all things complete pin dia, head dia, head length and all pocket holes are change without any regen

I understand it is small bug in this big software but it concern me lot and makes huge  differnce in my productivity so I am eagerly waiting for SP version
Post time 2019-4-21 14:20:26
Great explanation.
Incredibly frustrating especially when you cannot go back a version now.
You have every right to put the pressure in ZW.
I hope the little relax is good for the heart.
All the best.
New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

For your better experience on our website and the display of relevant information, cookies will be used. Learn More