User
 Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Forum ZW3D ZW3D CAD Content
Post time 2019-5-23 11:13:23
Hello everyone,

Currently a SolidWorks user. I have been having a lot of problems with cost. If you need to use the software in a small company you are going to be paying an obnoxious amount for PDM, analysis, CAM, and the other "bells and whistles" that make it a complete package.
Well I just came across ZW3D this week. I have been testing many software packages and so far this one is really well done. Especially for the price! I have yet to get a real quote but from what I have read it is around $1000 complete.
It has everything built in. Even PDM. The UI looks great and is highly customizable. How it handles parts, drawings, and associated files BLOWS ePDM AWAY!
It allows for multiple instances for those of us with dual monitors but don't want to "stretch" across both screens and lose all of our tool bars.
Oh, and it handles open windows in tabs so you can easily flip back and forth.
Has anyone used this software? Is there a giant downside that I am missing? Or is this software the up and coming next giant?

Thank you!

Post time 2019-5-23 19:50:42
Edited by Acon at 2019-5-23 19:51

I am learning ZW3D with the trial version as well. I'm in your shoes because I run a small design consulting business here in Australia and software like Solidworks is just way too expensive to me. I also hate their pricing model by squeezing the last drop of blood out from their clients.

I've used a lot of different 3D software including Sketchup、Rhino、Spaceclaim、Solidthinking Evolve、IronCAD、ZBrush and Maya. So far ZW3D feels very promising to me and the customer service is superb. Very kind and helping. I am thinking about IronCAD but it's still too expensive and it doesn't have the resources and support like ZW3D does here.

I don't know where you got the pricing but you better check with the ZW3D reseller in your region. ZW3D has different versions with different capabilities hence prices. Make sure you choose the version that suits your need.

https://www.zwsoft.com/zw3d/version-comparison

Best,

Acon
Post time 2019-5-24 03:46:08
Hi Quinton,
ZW3D has it's roots in Florida as a result of a project a long time ago to harmonise the concept to manufacturing software process for a large Asian manufacturer.
It's specialty was in Tool and Die which is very demanding in translation and model repair requirements. e.g. It doesn't get much harder.
As a result the Overdrive 3D engine which ZW3D uses is a propriety hybrid modeller with a lot of capability in surface modelling.
Today the Florida office still does R&D in partnership with the China team, which is where ZWSoft who now own it are based.

So yes, for a SWx user it is a bit of an eye opener with a few different paradigms and a different toolbox suite.

I think your price guide is a little off, but it is still a substantial reduction on SWx year on year ownership.

I have used it for 14yrs still going. No regets.

Cheers - Paul
New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

For your better experience on our website and the display of relevant information, cookies will be used. Learn More