User
 Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Forum CADbro CADbro Content
Post time 2017-5-8 23:20:32
Hello, I'm new to Zw3d. At the I am evaluating zw3d, I came from Catia V5 . At the moment unfortunately I haven't made the trial of it. But according to my search, I have a few questions.
I'm used to make some macros in CATIA using vb. Net. According to what I read on Internet, zw3d only has macro programming with c++. Is vb. Net planed for a near future?

Can part tables be edited in excel. The use of excel looks better than the interface.

Can we make several holes only using once the hole command?

Can we insert the screws of some type in several holes at the same type

Is there any standard part in mold catalog from FIBRO, STRACK NORMALIEN?

Is it able to use multiple processors in modeling?

I'm used to use some folders in feature tree to make my work organized. Is this possible?

Is there a motion module in standard version?

Thanks
Post time 2017-5-16 18:46:48
Reply 1# tmgfig5435

Hi Sir, sorry that we reply a little bit late for some reason.
Here are answers about your questions.

I'm used to make some macros in CATIA using vb. Net. According to what I read on Internet, zw3d only has macro programming with c++. Is vb. Net planed for a near future?
No, at least in the next two versions we have no plan about this.

Can part tables be edited in excel. The use of excel looks better than the interface.
We can submit a requirement, but it needs to be evaluated when to do it.

Can we make several holes only using once the hole command?
If the "several holes" are the same type, we can do that
If the "several holes" are the different type, we cannot make them with only a hole command, but we can click the mouse middle button to repeat the hole command fastly to make another type of hole.

Can we insert the screws of some type in several holes at the same type
The answer is similar to the hole command, one command for one type.

Is there any standard part in mold catalog from FIBRO, STRACK NORMALIEN?
No, it excludes them them at present.

Is it able to use multiple processors in modeling?
In most of the time, it runs one process in modeling, but in some spesific command, it will runs multiple processors to help.

I'm used to use some folders in feature tree to make my work organized. Is this possible?
Yes we can also do that now.

Is there a motion module in standard version?
Not a motion module, it is included in the assembly module, but we also have a 3rd party simwise to help make a motion, but it is a independent license from standard version.
Post time 2017-5-17 22:22:14
Hello,

Many thanks by your reply. It was late, but at least you have responded.

For parts tables being edited in excel I think it would be a nice enhancement.

And what about multiple processors for the complete cad activities, is in your plan? As far as I know, only catia 3d experience has this working for cad activities. It really boost the software.

For macro programming do you have some good examples to start working. I want to know what is possible to automate the software and how macros interact with zw3d. Things like, is possible to make selections during a macro execution, using that selection to do something with macros. Interact with other applications, such excel....

Thanks by your response. Keep up the good work.
Post time 2017-5-20 13:57:22
Reply 3# tmgfig5435

Hello Sir,

As far as I know, the multiple processors for the complete cad activities is not in the short turn.

For marco, during a macro execution, it doesn't allow to make selections or operations, also no interact with other softwares.
Post time 2017-5-23 14:39:12
Hello,

thanks by your awnsers
New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register