CAD/CAM discussion forum > CAD > ZWCAD 2018 SP1 bugs

ZWCAD 2018 SP1 bugs

Subscribe Topic

fekete4130

Message 1 of 6

ZWCAD 2018 SP1 bugs
24-01-2018 03:18 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hi everyone,

I upgraded from from zwcad 2012+ to 2018...program looks better, unfortunately there are a lot of bugs,
some of them really annoying
1. only after update to SP1 : when I move the cursor over a specific block, zwcad suddenly stops responding
an is happening really frequently, today it happened in 1 hour like 3 times :(((((
I mention that I'm reusing my old files created with zwcad 2012, there might be a compatibility problem
with block definition, i'm just wondering...
2. autosave function set to 2 minutes, doesn't seem to work, because after zwcad stops respinding, I can't
find the latest version of autosave in the specified folder (sometimes as old as 10 minutes) so valuable
work is lost
3. CTRL+SHIT+C, copy to clipboard with basepoint, I use this feature to copy obiects from one drawing to
another, sometimes (not always) enev the obiects are preselected, zwcad forgets those selections and asks
to select obiects
after selecting various obiects manually, it's really not fun to do it again, this problem affects drafting
performance seriously
4. in classic mode, zwcad forgets location of toolbars, for example I turn on Inquiry tool palette, I move it
to my preferred location, and when I start again the zwcad everything is forgotten...so I have to turn it on
again, a have to clos that new calculator, I have to turn off the grid display
and this goes on every morning
5. chamfer doesn't works perfectly with some polylines, a use it mostly to draw floor heating circuits
6. I can live with this, but at a screen with 1920 x 1080 resolution, buttons in classic mode are really small

probably som of this problems won't show up in ribbon mode, but I just using the classic mode form more than 15
years, so I really don't intend to switch

probably I never gonna get an answer to these problems, but I just had to tell...

birocom

ZW3D Reseller

Message 2 of 6

25-01-2018 10:21 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hello fekete4130

Unfortunately there are numerous bugs in ver. 2018 you haven’t even encountered yet. And it’ll undoubtable take years for ZWSOFT to figure them all out.

Still, there is one thing you can do to make your life a bit easier in the meantime: just downgrade your OS to WIN7 and don’t use 4K displays. Yeah, 4K displays are also a problem.

Although the 2018 version should support the latest version of Windows, it simply doesn’t. A lot of problems are OS related and they seem to multiply with every new Windows update. So if you have a specific problem with ZwCAD 2018, just migrate to WIN7 and see if it’s still there. There’s a big chance it’ll work just fine, once you’ve left WIN10.

fekete4130

Message 3 of 6

27-01-2018 07:46 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Reply 2# birocom

zwcad not responding.jpg
2018-1-27 19:38

thank you for your answer

unfortunately we can't downgrade to windows 7, because we are using other applications made for windows 10
the only way to do it would be moving zwcad to a new computer with windows 7
I really need the newer version, because I got from other collaborators drawings sawed in new versions, and we
just can't ask every time to save those drawing in old versions :((

I just can't understand that many functions which were working quite well in older zwcad versions (in our case zwcad 2012+)
why doesn't work the same way in zwcad 2018 sp1...I just can't figure it out why the programmers had tou touch those
old good working codes :((
I guess we just have to wait for zwcad 2018 SP2, where

hopefully

every bug gonna be fixed :))
i'm wondering if there is an official e-mail address to report bugs, to be fixed

thanx again

struct3774

Message 4 of 6

28-01-2018 01:26 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Reply 3# fekete4130

Sorry, but I have to disappoint you.
They will not fix all bugs in SP2. Maybe in 2020 or later...

Some errors were reported after the first release of ZWCAD 2017, more than 1.5 years ago and have not yet been corrected.
Even such primary commands as chamfer, or even RBM (as repeat, confirm, enter)...

ZWCAD 2018 is much better than ZWCAD 2017, but if you compare it to BricsCad or AC it's a big difference ... it's better not to compare them!

ZWCAD_Support

Message 5 of 6

19-03-2018 05:55 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Reply 1# fekete4130

Hi,

For the small buttons issue, you can try to click "Use large buttons for toolbars".
Capture.PNG
2018-3-19 17:54

ZWCAD_Support

Message 6 of 6

19-03-2018 06:28 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Reply 3# fekete4130

Hi,
SP2 will be ready soon, we can directly send it to you, so you can have a test for those issues.
And if possible, we would like to have an online contact with you, so these issues will be quickly confirmed and fixed. You can check the mail and reply to us, thanks.
See also
X